I admit, I used to judge mom's who would walk around with their dirty kids. You know the ones. The ones with food on their face and dirt under their nails. That is because Kasey wasn't one of those kids. She is still pretty clean. Reagan on the other hand. Oy. No skipping baths EVER for this girl. This is her face after a ice cream sandwich. One of her favorite things to do is to run food on her belly. It is not a rare occurance to find food in her bellybutton and sand in her diaper.
SuperGirl!! Grandma Mary was nice enough to sew some super capes for the girls and Reagan loves hers, doesn't she look like supergirl here?
Reagan has been going through a rough patch with sleep these days, we think she is teething, which makes sense since she does only have 4 teeth right now. More are bound to come sooner or later. Anyways, if it is 4am and she is up, we get lazy and bring her into bed with us. I know, I know. Probably not smart but she love it and sleeps like a rock for that last valuable hour and a half. And I admit I like it too. Who wouldn't want to wake up to this?
More SuperGirl in her "tower"
Matt and I marvel a lot over how different Kasey and Reagan are. Reagan is a but ahead of where Kasey was at this age with walking and talking. All that NON-STOP jabber from her older sister must have really helped her language developement. We made a list last night of the words that Reagan uses now, we only counted the ones she uses right and not just words she just repeats.
Mama
Dad (or Da! Screamed at the top of her lungs)
Kasey (CeeCee)
Dog
Bug
Kitty
Poop (about 50% of the time she poops, she will come over, point to her diaper and say "poop"
No (her favorite)
pillow
Bubbles
Boob (this little gem is leftover from nursing and I can thank Matt for that. This is unfortunately a word she likes to use in public while hitting me in the chest)
Anyways, she is a real hoot and has a strong personality. I really don't remember Kasey throwing any tantrums at this age but we have seen a few with Reagan! She likes to flop on the floor. I have taken to just putting her in the center of the room and walking away--it doesn't seem to be as much fun for her without an audience!! Matt and I were trying to decide which daughter takes after which parent and decided that Kasey and I are alike. We are very particular and really want things done a certain way (don't you DARE tell Kasey you are having spaghettin for supper and use another noodle shape or it will hit the fan!!). Reagan is more like Matt in that she is very laid back about 85% of things but that remaining 15%, watch out!
We can't imagine life without either of them!
1 comment:
laysitI LOVE this latest Blog. Those Super Capes are priceless. They so remind me of their Mom and her "Wonder Woman" underwear and wrist power bands. What goes around comes around! Yes, we are all lucky!
Post a Comment