Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Fun!!

I am sure that every parent has had one of those moments where you wonder, who the heck am I doing this for?  I had one of those a couple of weeks ago.  Our local ECFE put on a vehicle fair where firetrucks, police cars, garbage trucks, tracters, etc all come out and the kids can sit in them.  This year, it was in a park really close to us right around the lunch hour and it was in the middle of our mini-heat wave.  So, I packed the girls up in the 90 degree heat in the bike trailer and hoofed it to the park.  They argued the whole way there.  Fun times.  We had a picnic and Kasey told me she didn't want to participate, she wasn't interested in seeing all the cars.  ARG! Anyways, we ate our food in the park and Reagan and I headed over to see all the vehicles!


 We really went to this whole thing so that Reagan can see a garbage truck.  She is obsessed with garbage trucks!  I would say that other than the fire truck, the garbage truck was the biggest hit.  I had to laugh at the garbage man, he probably never knew that he had such a glamorous job!  Anyways, above is Reagan in the utilities truck (with the big bucket), it was the only one I could get her to go into.
Over memorial day weekend, Reagan and I stayed with my parents in Alexandria while Matt and Kasey journeyed (FAR!) north to Langdon.  The girls were apart for almost 3 days and they were so happy to see each other when we got back that it was cute to watch.  It was raining and they wanted to go for a walk together in it.  Yes, Reagan isn't wearing pants.  It is a common occurrence around here.  I can't even say how many times per day I say, "no, you have to keep your clothes on when we are outside."



 Today it was beautiful out so we headed to the "rock creek" in Burnsville for some wet fun.
 I love this place and the girls do too!




No comments: