This Thanksgiving we decided to cash in our frequent flyer miles and companion passes and fly to North Dakota to see Matt's parents. Because I am uptight, I insisted that we get to the airport by 7 for our 9:05 flight. I was conviced it would be mayhem. As it turns out we were first in line at security and I didn't have to wait at all (that has never happened before!!). So, we had plenty of time to run the girls around, enjoy the airport playground and eat breakfast.
There's that flowered dress again. She wore it today and I could only shut 1 of the 3 buttons in the back. I have no idea what we are going to do when it doesn't fit anymore, for real.
Kasey on the plane! She had been looking forward to this for weeks! Daddy got to sit with Kasey and at points on both trips I saw him crack open a book. I don't think I need to explain what I thought of that as I was wrangling Reagan trying to keep her busy for the 1 hr and 45 min flight. Oh well...he will get his!
We didn't bring our camera due to space constraints (we do NOT pay luggage fee's in this family!!) and only half way through our trip did I realize that I could use the camera on my phone. Anywho, at dinner Grandma Mary let Kasey have some wine (cherry juice). Kasey loved it!
Reagan and Lucy the cat checking out the backyard.
Our last night there, we had spaghetti for supper which is one of Reagan's all time faves. The pictures aren't great but she ate more than I did at that meal, I think.
Again with the flowered dress (I washed it, I swear). Anyways, Grandma Mary and Gerry let the girls help them decorate their Christmas tree with instruments (as Kasey calls them). It was a lot of fun with a lot of instruction to Reagan to be gentle. My favorite part was when Kasey said, "Mom, if you see Reagan touch the tree, just let me know." She loves to mother her, good thing Reagan is usually ok with it!
We started our trip in Minot and I do have some pictures that were sent to me but I am having issues getting them on the blog for some reason. We did lots of outside playing in the snow and climbing Grandpa's "mountain." We had a great time and I will post those pictues as soon as I figure out how!







1 comment:
You said"There's that flowered dress again. She wore it today and I could only shut 1 of the 3 buttons in the back. I have no idea what we are going to do when it doesn't fit anymore, for real." My advice is to send it to Grandma Mary to use as a pattern for a couple of new dresses/jumpers. Easy peasy!
from Mary's friend Jo
Post a Comment