One of our friends commented on this on her blog but thought the same thing--when I was young, Halloween was one day. I wore my costume 1day and went trick or treating. THESE days, there are MANY opportunities to dress up. A local grocery store hosts a kids event each year the week before Halloween. The kids dress up, trick or treat in the store and there is live music. You might not be able to tell, but Kasey said she had fun! She was very shy and didn't smile the whole time but told us she was having fun and didn't want to leave! Reagan, on the other hand, was walking all over the place, eating candy and people watching.
Princess Kasey....don't you love how she holds her dress up while she walks??
Ok, now on to the REAL Halloween. Matt had curling that night so it was just me and the girls. I had anticipated it being a little difficult, getting then dressed and out the door but it was easy! Reagan was a vampire for this night, we figured we had worn out the kitty costume so we would try something new.
Kasey in her mermaid costume! She is obsessed with mermaids these days and I am not sure why but she loves this costume!
It is completely impossible to get a good picture of both of them looking at the camera, this is the best that I could do. As usual, we make our first stop to Jen's, our daycare providor. They love going there, something about being there without any other kids and the huge amount of candy they get! From there, we headed to a few neighborhood houses.
Then home to count and enjoy our candy!! Thank goodness no one was giving out peanut butter cups or Matt and I might have wiped out their whole stash!
Lots of chocolate!!
Thanks to Halloween, Reagan now knows how to say candy and she loves it all
Creepy, right?
This is random but I love it. Reagan started her Sunday morning getting her fingers squished in the cupboard doors, back by the hinge. It must have really, really hurt because she isn't one to cry a lot when she gets hurt. After she stopped crying, we thought she would like to just chill out so we put on Sesame Street, gave her a baby and some milk and let her relax. Kasey sat by her the whole time, rubbing her face and asking her if she was feeling better. This is her worrying that her head felt hot to her. I don't think that there is any better feeling in the world than watching my girls love each other!
2 comments:
What a sweet big sis! That last photo is precious! And nice haul on the candy... wait. Is that a can of pop?!
ricalOh those beautiful loving sisters. Makes my heart all warm & fuzzy! Great pictures to go with the memories.
Post a Comment