Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Random Updates

I forgot about this phase with Kasey.  The throw food on the floor, make a huge mess phase.  This is the ONLY time that I wish that we had a dog.  We end up mopping the floor after just about every mealtime these days.  Oh well, at least we know this phase passes!


A couple of weeks ago, we went up to Grand Ol Days in St. Paul to watch the parade.  Our friends live on Grand Ave and every year they have a fun BBQ.  Kasey was talking about it all week, so excited!  I thought it was really funny, during the parade I feel like I got to see a total window of my girls personalities.  Reagan was clapping and yelling and smiling the whole time--she loved it!  Kasey on the other hand, sat pretty much like you see her in this picture.  No smiles, no clapping, nothing.  Very stoic.  I know she was having fun, this is just how she is in group situations or unfamiliar ones.  Check out any of her past birthday pictures!  I had to direct her to run out and grab the candy.  After a while she stopped running to get the candy, even when they gave it directly to her.  I asked her why and she said "Her basket was full and she didn't need anymore candy."  Whose kid is this?????


Daddy and Reagan chilling with baby Theo and his parents.  Funny to think that this time last year, neither of these babies were hear yet!!

See! She loved it!

This past weekend we went to Hyland Park and Reserve to have a picnic with my cousin, her husband and her 2 kids.  We played for a while but then brought out the bubbles.  This is Kasey's best impression of James Bond with the bubble gun.

More bubble fun with Alex and Olivia.  When I told Kasey that we were going to go on a picnic and that some other kids were going to be there and their names were Alex and Olivia.  Kasey yelled "I love Olivia"  I tried explaining and Olivia was a little girl and not the character from her books.  I still think she was a little dissapointed when she realized that this Olivia wasn't a ballet dancing pig.  Oh well, I think she likes her anyways!!

New update on this one!  She is walking!  It is hard to tell when to start "counting" these milestones.  Is it when they take 1 step and fall or does there need to be a specific number before it counts? I'm not sure but I decided that after she walked 4 steps from the couch to a chair that I would start counting it.

I am glad she is walking because she is in the stage where she doesn't want you to hold her, she wants to be on the ground!  And at almost 25lbs, I am glad to put her down every once in a while!

No comments: