Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July and why you should never let Matt babysit your child

Ok, I will get the warning statement out of the way--never let Matt baby sit your child unless the below pictures don't make you nervous. Good thing is, Kasey LOVED it and didn't throw up even once! Scott even demonstrated his unique, 360 degree baby toss and she wanted more!
I relaxed after a while and after I made Matt promise me he would never do this on the ground.
This 4th of July Matt and I had Friday off so we had a jam packed full weekend of fun. Friday we mainly just went for walks and cleaned and did laundry but on Saturday we headed out to Cokato for our annual 4th of July "Celbration." Our friends Adam, Jamie and Sylvia have a house on a lake out there with a great swimming area. We spent several hours out on the water relaxing. Matt and I were very impressed with Kasey (what's new?) and that she wasn't afraid of the water at all and even had fun rolling around and bouncing on the giant raft. Here she is borrowing Sylvia's Whale Floatie:

Our favorite activity, blowing bubbles! Made even more favorite-er by playing with our buddy Zack! After this we played hide and go seek and enjoyed a supper of ice cream! In true Kasey fashion, whenever we are around a lot of fun and activities, she won't really eat. Matt keeps reassuring me that she will eat when she is hungry but I end up spending a large chunk of the days trying to get food in her mouth, so, when she wanted to eat ice cream for supper, I let her! After all, I credit her heathly birth weight (8 1/2lbs) largely to the huge amount of ice cream I ate when I was pregnant. So, can't be that bad for her, right?
Kasey did us a favor on Sunday morning of sleeping in so after getting ready, we headed down to Cannon Falls for their fair. We saw a rodeo, petted some goats and tried for a pony ride. Turns out that was a no go, she was a little scared of the horse. We will try it again next year.
We had a great 4th of July and hope everyone else did too. Thanks again to the Brodd's for hosting--we had a blast!



2 comments:

Carol said...

I wish I could have been there to see all this excitement. Sounds like a real life 'Leave it to Beaver' family fun outing!

JEN said...

That was some serious air Matt gott with Kasey :) Love the new background too!