Sunday, June 14, 2009

Busy Weekend!

This was a busy big weekend for Kasey. With the weather as nice as it was, we decided to buy a few things for Kasey. We bought her a little pool, I have to admit, since I grew up always at the pool and swimming, getting Kasey a pool was one of the things that I looked forward to most. This picture pretty much sums up what Kasey thought of the pool. I can't really blame her because I had just filled it up from the hose and it was FREEZING but still, I was a little disapointed! I hope that it is more fun for her tomorrow when the water warms up.
Another thing that Kasey got this weekend was a sandbox! Matt and I both had sandboxes when we were little and after watching her play in our neighbors, we decided to splurge and get one for her. Once she got over the whole "get dirt on your hands" thing, she had a lot of fun. I think that she will get a ton of use out of it.
Matt and I have been talking for a while about what we can do to spice up our plain house. We talked about getting new shutters put on and after months of debating on what color we wanted, we chose black and we love it! It of course, took wayyyyyy longer than we thought it would but we are thrilled with how it looks.
Before:

After! Our new, slightly jazzy house! Watching Matt get on the ladder waaayyy up high was pretty nerve wracking but it was worth it!
After all we did this weekend, I think that this is how we all feel!

6 comments:

JEN said...

The house looks fabulous!!! But I think you have to wait until like August to swim in Minnesota :)

Dairy Queen said...

those pics are great!
love her pool & hat! leah had that swimsuit in purple a while back!
her sandbox is perfect in the shade! should have done that...the water/sand table became a MUD table!
and your house is GORGEOUS!

Liz said...

wow - the shutters make a big difference! looks great.

Liz said...

Her sleeping picture is so precious! You guys certainly packed in a ton this week-end.. especially blowing up that POOL!!

Carol said...

Shudders look SUPER on your house. Good choice! Pool and sandbox really 'updated' your home. Kasey is living the life of luxury. Yes, she has it all! Has the pool warmed up yet?

Teresa said...

Love the new shutters, what a difference!
Elizabeth loves the pool so much I am a bit worried about her being a fish. I know Kasey will soon too. I have been eyeing up the same sandbox because Elizabeth loves everyone else's. It looks bigger than I thought, I may have to keep sharing. I just love the photos and little Kasey!