Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Day of Preschool (sort of)


It was a big week in little Kasey's life!  She had her last day at Jen's, her daycare providor since she was 3 months old and started her new preschool.  Kasey has been doing preschool at Jen's since she was 3 so it isn't really her first day, but it is the very first time that I have evern dropped her off somewhere like this.
 People who have been stay at home mom's their childs whole life might not understand why that would be hard for us considering for the first 4 years and 1 month of her life I dropped her off at daycare daily.  After that length of time though, it doesn't feel like daycare anymore, it feels like her second home and Jen felt like her second mom.  So, to take her somewhere totally new, leave her with someone she doesn't know in a room full of people she doesn't know, was hard.  Kasey cried pretty hard the first day......and the second...but her third day was good.  She warned me in advance that she might cry again but when we got there, she told me that she didn't need to.  What a big girl.  I admit to crying in the car on the first day. It is hard to see her grow up so fast.
She told me after her third day that she actually talked to another kid and she had a friend! Her friends name is Rosie :)  Anyways, so far so good.  They are working on writing their names this week and I am sure she will astound them all with her brilliance since she already knows how to do that.  At Matt told her on her first day, this is your first step to becoming a Doctor :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Her friend's name is Rosie?!? How perfect!

JEN said...

So is she in preschool full time now? Its amazing how quickly that happens! Get on your email and email me chic! :)

Carol said...

20mmdesksThis entry brought tears to my eyes. My first grandchild going to school the first time. I am so proud of her. A friend 'Rosie'! Now what can you say about that? eant to be, I guess!