Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Kasey!!

She's 4 years old, I can't believe it!  It feel like 4 days and 40 years all at the same time.  Matt and I talk all the time about how we can't even remember what it was like to not have kids (what the heck did we do with all of our freetime)  and at the same time it seems like just yesterday that she was born.  So, we had a big party with the usual suspects and a very cool Mermaid cake!

Scott letting Kasey lick the frosting off her candles :)
I think they all liked the cake except poor Violet who ate some sort of cereal-green vegetable mush. 
I'm not sure how many pictures it will be before I stop thinking that Reagan with food all over her is cute.  But, we aren't there yet--she is still cute!
We played a few games including this homemade-by-Matt game where the kids would stand on a stool and drop things in a cup.  One thing I love about kids is that they didn't ask any questions or think the game was dumb, they just jumped right in and had fun!
We also did the limbo.  This is Matt joining in and making the kids laugh.
This is Matt recovering from his limbo-related accident.
Charlie didn't quite get the whole concept but I think that a good time was had by all!
Love Sylvia's face in this picture.....
Ok, another thing I love about little kids.  As Kasey was opening her presents, the person that gave her that present had to come over and tell her all about how GREAT their present was and what all went into picking it out.  Sounds a lot like Matt.  At least they didn't tell her how expensive it was so she would appreciate it more, Matt does that.  Part of his charm.
The quilt is done!  This is the Spunky Girl quilt that Grandma Mary and Aunt Karla have been working on and it is done and beautiful!  As she opened it she kept saying, "oh my goodness, oh my goodness!"
Amazing, isnt it?  Kasey loves it and I can already picture her hauling it off to college....
One more birthday note, she was opening up a birthday card and wanted to "read it" herself and didn't want help.  This is what she thought it said:

Happy Birthday, Kasey.
Thank you for coming.
Don't freak out.

Seriously, where did this girl come from?

1 comment:

Liz said...

That quilt is gorgeous!!!

I think most birthday cards tell you not to freak out, don't they?!?