Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sisters


Now that Reagan is getting older, her personality and likes and dislikes are becoming a lot more evident.  It is funny to us, how different the girls are! Matt and I were talking and listing some of the ways that we have noticed that they differed at this age.

1.  Kasey has never been a big eater.  Even when you give her something she loves, like cake, she will mostly just eat a bit and not finish.  I swear some days that she lives on air only.  Reagan on the other, is what I would call an enthusiastic eater, as evidenced by the rolls on her thighs, which Kasey never had. 
2.  Reagan loves baby toys.  Kasey loved her jumgle gym and would sit under it happily for ages.  Reagan won't do that but she does loves toys.  She loves to look at then and bring them up to her mouth. 
3.  Reagan is a very, very smiley baby.  Kasey was too but not this early and often.  My favorite thing is to get her up when she wakes up from a nap, the instant she sees you, she breaks out in a giant grin!
4.  Reagan is a sleeper (thank you God).  She will sleep at least a 6 hour stretch each night and usually only wakes once to eat.  She took a 3 hour nap this morning and is now well into her afternoon nap.  Kasey on the other hand...well, I don't even want to talk about that. 
5.  Kasey was never interested in TV and Reagan will crane her little neck so she can watch it whenever it is on.  Makes me notice just how much our TV is on during the day and I usually turn it off when I see that.

So, they are very different but they do still look alike....both like their daddy as people tell us.  Not sure how fair it is that I lug over 18lbs of baby for 18 months and I don't even get one with green eyes but whatever...

2 comments:

JEN said...

hahaha - watch out - it's those small differences with the eating and smiling that we first noticed with Samantha before we figured out she was just the complete opposite and straight up crazy :)

Liz said...

We can relate on the tv thing... Charlie LOVES watching the tv about as much as watching Zach. doesn't matter what's on - he's interested! our kids are going to be pop culture masters. :)