Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reagan is Here!






Just thought I would take a moment between feedings to update the blog with pictures and to tell how Reagan came into this world.

On Friday, June 18th Matt and I went out on a date with our friends Scott and Liz for what turned out to be our last one pre-baby! That day I was exceptionally uncomfortable so I thought that the time HAD to be near. During dinner I was starting to get really uncomfortable and crampy. After dinner we went over the the bar and watched the Twins Game when I started timing my "cramps." 4 minutes apart. At this point, Matt had had several drinks so I told him that he had better start drinking water because this might be it!

We headed home from dinner around 9:00 and when we got home, Matt took a nap while I tried to relax and take a bath. As time went on, I realized that this most definately was IT! I woke Matt up and we headed to the hospital at 11:15. After a smooth and speedy labor, Reagan Caroline Rose was born at 12:58am on Saturday June 19th. She weighed in at 9lbs, 9oz and 20 3/4 inches long. Her shoulders did get stuck on the way out due to her size but I only ended up pushing for 9 minutes, according to my OB. Not Bad!

Kasey is doing well and so is Reagan. She is another mellow, laid back baby who only really cries in her car seat. Kasey loves her little sister and wants to hold her and kiss her all the time. She is struggling a little, I think with not being the only one but we are working to give her a lot of attention until the newness wears off.

3 comments:

Kayla Marie Olson said...

Congrats Jenny! She is beautiful!

Zac said...

Way to go Rosy's!!
I love the picture of the two of them above.
Cheers to the new little ones.

Teresa said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your whole family. The opening photo is beautiful!