Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mish Mash...

Our computer is finally fixed (thanks Matt!) so now I can get back on the blog train and start updating it with all the pictures that we take around here! Since it has been a while since I have updated, these pictures are from lots of different days and there is no real theme of this post. This first picture I took this weekend and it just made me laugh, anyone with cats will understand this one but it is amazing that anyone gets anything done around here! Kasey is really starting to develop a sense of humor, she loves to make us laugh and has figure out that it is a good thing. Her favorite thing is to make funny faces and make her daddy laugh. She also loves to say, "Boo!" to scare people. While this is normally very funny and cute, the other day I was putting her down for the night. This particular night, she did NOT want to sleep so I was standing in her room rubbing her back for what seemed like forever. Finally, she was quiet, hadn't moved in quite a while and I am thinking that I am finally going to get to leave. All of the sudden, she picks up her head and says, Boo!"
Hard to be annoyed when you are trying not to laugh.

We decided that today after Kasey's nap, we would put up the Christmas Tree. I was super excited about as I have lots of fun ornaments and was excited to show them all to her. I thought we were going to have a hard time getting her to be gentle but she put up 1 ornament and then left to play alone in her room. I was so dissapointed, she wasn't the least bit interested! Oh well, Matt got one picture for the album.

Please excuse the mess in this picture, no don't normally have our potty chair in the living room but Matt was working and replacing the floor in the bathroom so we had to move everything out. Anyways, we have been talking about using the potty around here, not doing anything seriously but apparently Kasey thought that her doll should be using the potty, too. Maybe this is the first step!

In early November, Karla and Andy came to stay with us for the weekend. We had a lot of fun including going to the Children's Museum. Anyone that comes to our house knows that Kasey's favorite activity is to run around the house buck naked. Since she loves it so much we let her do it a lot. Kasey's second favorite activity is to get pushed around in her doll stroller. Matt and I rarely do this because it is so small and hard on your back to push (since it is meant for little kids to push their DOLLS in). Well, Andy, the gentleman, thought that he would indulge his cousin by #1, pretending not to notice that she was naked and #2, push her around in circles in her doll troller. What a guy. And look was a lady Kasey is, with ther hands folded in her lap!

Lastly, I just had to include this video. Jack, the cat in the picture has been with me since before I was married. He was my baby and had the hardest time adjusting when Kasey was born. He struggled at first but has turned out to be so good with Kasey, letting her brush and pet him and point out his ears and nose, etc. She is very gentle with him but overall, I am sure that she is pretty annoying to him. An example of his being a good kitty and Kasey driving him nuts in this video below:


2 comments:

JEN said...

Dude-my question is how Kasey doesn't bust the baby doll stroller?! We are currently on our 3rd due to the situation demonstrated in this pic :)

Liz said...

I would comment on how cute your daughter is, but I'm too busy judging you for your messy house.